Pranaveda Qigong ExercisesAwaken the Seven Pranas
1. Wu Chi the Earth Position - Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and parallel, energized hands are hanging at
thighs, shoulders are relaxed, facial muscles are relaxed. Rock forward and back on feet to find balanced, centered position.
2. Spinal Twists, Loose arms - Feet in wu chi, shoulders are relaxed and open. Use turning of waist to whip arms around. Can use crane wing variation.
3. Spinal Twists, White Crane - Feet in wu chi, shoulders are relaxed and open. Arms in white crane wing, (Mercury) posture. Use turning of waist to turn arms around.
4. Arm Swings -
5. Slap the Thighs -
6. Ocean Waves -
7. Open the Heart - Cross wrists right over left at groin, head bent down. Feet in wu chi. Inhale as arms are spread wide at shoulder height. Pinch shoulder blades together while looking up. Exhale while returning to start position.
8. Open the Bubbling Springs - Heel Toe - Shift all weight to one leg; sink as if into mud or sand, relaxing the muscles of the feet. Align top of head, heart, center of abdomen and perineum as a straight line over the weight-bearing foot. Hands on hips or use chair as balancing aid. Place heel of other foot out in front, then pick it up as high as knee and place toe on floor behind. Sink to stretch back of leg and press heel to floor.
9. Leg Swings - Shift all weight to one leg; sink as if into mud or sand, relaxing the muscles of the feet. Align top of head, heart, center of abdomen and perineum as a straight line over the weight-bearing foot (a vertical line both front to back and side to side). Swing other leg with a loose, open hip. Point fingers of opposite hand towards the swinging foot. Shoulders can be slightly forward. Look out rather than down.
10. Finger Rolls - Form fists, palm up, shoulders relaxed, elbows down, feet in wu chi, keep breathing. Roll out fingers starting with thumbs and ending with pinkies; stretch all fingers towards floor; roll each finger back separately starting with pinkies and ending with thumbs.
11. Finger Flicking - Wrap thumbs over fingernails in open fist. Apply pressure and, starting with pinky, flick each finger down towards floor. Keep shoulders relaxed, elbows down, feet in wu chi, keep breathing.
12. Wrist Flaps - Vigorously shake or flap wrists horizontally in front of torso then hold small ball of chi and take a deep breath and relax every part of body. Repeat with vertical wrist flaps. Keep shoulders relaxed, elbows down, feet in wu chi. Slowly lower hands to wu chi position at sides and vigorously rotate wrists. Hold, take a deep breath and relax.
14. Arm Shakes -
15. Bounce on Heels -
16. Drop the Fence Post -